This Site to a Friend
- Is Distance or Study at Home Education for you? Can the power of the Internet and e-learning play a part in the future education of you, your family, your company and your country? Our firm has researched many sources of distance learning and the suitability of individuals who can make a success of this method of study. Delamere-Pennine Associates is a supporter of the organization "Distance Education & Training Council" based in the USA, and they have prepared a series of FREE reports, which answer most of the questions asked by individual considering distance or study at home programmes. The most prominent question asked "Is Distance Education for You?"
Is home study and e-learning for you?
There are a lot of reasons why e-learning might be right for you!
Here are some very good reasons:
- Flexibility of schedules.
- Study at your own pace.
- Avoids time consuming and expensive travel.
- You can access your course material while on the move, at home, at work, or on a trip.
- Increased job opportunities and salaries.
- Earn an internationally recognized diploma without having to interrupt your current career.
- Online learning offers you a wide range of resources to assist your study programme.
- If you can answer "yes" to most of the following questions, you will probably find online learning suitable and easy to handle:
- Does your lifestyle, family, work and personal schedule make it difficult to get to a campus?
- Can you dedicate at least 12 hours each week to home study, sometimes evenings or weekends?
- Are you self-motivated and self-disciplined?
- Do you look forward to learning new skills?
- Do you have access to a computer, the Internet and phone line?
- Are you comfortable communicating in writing?
- Are you comfortable using the Internet, e-mail, computers and new technology?
Search Accredited Colleges & Schools in the USA
- Our education service assists professionals to advance their career objectives and reach academic goals by matching them to over 50 leading accredited schools and over 600 degree programs for free. Our goal is to help readers earn their degree, online or on campus, by providing them with leading accredited schools that best match their preferences. Through DegreesFinder.com, readers can get matched with an associate degree, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, doctorate degree, diploma or professional certificate, depending upon their educational background. Certificate Programs Find Leading Colleges in 3 Minutes. Pursue a Degree, Enroll Today!
- Open-access Educational Resources - Launched in 2017, the eCampusOntario Open Library curates more than 500 open-access educational resources for post-secondary educators and learners. A range of subjects are represented in the library, including: "computing and IT," "language and linguistics," "mathematics and science," and "philosophy and religion." In addition to browsing the resource collection, readers will find several other unique OER tools on the site. For example, though the cost-saving benefits of open educational resources have been widely recognized, Open Library makes these benefits tangible through its impact calculator. Found on the Impact page, this tool allows educators to input some basic data (such as the cost of the resource they are replacing and the number of students they are teaching that term) to quickly calculate the total savings. Notably, the "average savings per educator," is more than $50,000, and the "average savings per learner," is more than $100. Educators new to OER may also want to explore the Get Support page, which hosts several helpful materials. Educators willing to share materials they created can do so via the "Make a Suggestion" box on the About page. The library is made possible by a collaboration between eCampusOntario and Ryerson University. Readers can also view the site in French. Read more.
- Free Online Courses in Vocational Skills - Lifelong learners will want to bookmark this resource. Alison is highly regarded as "one of the worlds largest free learning platforms for education and skills training." Launched in Galway, Ireland in 2007, the platform has grown and garnered a worldwide base, with more than 18 million learners across 195 countries. Users should click the green "Sign Up" button in the top-right corner to get started. Then, readers can search for courses by category or type, or try the job-based search engine to find learning opportunities relevant to the user's career goals. Learners can expand vocational skill sets with the health and safety and project management courses, build their business's brand with social media marketing lessons, and explore different interest areas with a broad array of offerings across humanities and STEM disciplines. Though the courses are free, users have paid subscription options that unlock additional features. Visit this site.
- Open Education Consortium - The nonprofit Open Education Consortium (OEC) describes itself as a "global, member-based network of open education institutions and organizations" with a mission to "promote, support and advance openness in education around the world." Among its activities, every year the OEC hosts and coordinates Open Education Week (which, this year takes place from March 4-8, 2019), the Open Education Global Conference, and the Open Education Awards for Excellence, which highlight exceptional people as well as outstanding resources, tools, and practices in open education. Visitors to the OEC website can find links to open education resources, such as curriculum materials and webinars for open education practitioners, and information on the consortium's projects, including a collection of interviews with faculty and administrators on "the impact that open education projects and practice have had on their institutions." The OEC is based in Massachusetts and currently boasts well over 200 member organizations in more than 40 countries worldwide, including MIT, Open University Netherlands, and the University of Cape Town. Visit this site. (From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout 1994-2019)
- Education Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning - Many experts believe distance learning will constitute a substantial slice of the higher education pie in the near future. Still, comparatively little research has been published on the topic. The International Review of Research in Open and Distance learning, a freely accessible e-journal based in Alberta, Canada, seeks to disseminate original research, theory, and best practice in open and distance learning worldwide. Special issues have covered such topics as “Open Education Resources: Opening Access to Knowledge” and “Towards a European Perspective on Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCS): The Past, the Present and the Future.” Featuring dozens of accessible, empirical articles, this academic journal is a welcome resource for anyone interested in online learning. Visit this site. (From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout 1994-2019)
- Learning to Learn Online - Online learners of all stripes, whether they are college students or lifelong learners, may find helpful methods for making the most of their experience in Learning to Learn Online. This free textbook offers a comprehensive guide to effective learning strategies with advice and tips specific to the challenges of self-directed online learning. It opens with a three-part workshop introducing readers to core skills needed for successful online learning. Other topics covered include time management for online learners, information management, professional communication, analyzing assignments, and strategic reading tips. While this resource was created with online learners in mind, many of its suggestions may also be useful for students on traditional campuses, particularly those whose studies are more independent. Part of the B.C. Open Textbook Collection, Learning to Learn Online was published in 2018 by Kwantlen Polytechnic University Learning Centres in British Columbia. It can be read entirely online, and those interested may also download it as a PDF, EPUB, MOBI, or other file formats. Visit this site.
- We are pleased to announce that our education sponsors, the "MTC International Foundation (USA)" has introduced a new and innovative series of online training courses and career qualifications, which are directly related to assisting individuals to become prepared to qualify and competently handle a wide variety of employment positions. This well established and imaginative e-learning institute is now registered in the United States of America as the "Delamere Institute of Online Learning" but all courses offered are suitable for international students. For a review of the courses now available and what benefits are now open to individuals, schools and companies, at an international level. Click Here
- Our firm has also researched various other distance learning and e-learning programmes and resources - These resources have been recommended or referred to us as they include subjects and courses not yet offered by the Delamere Institute of Online Learning, and we have categorized them for your convenience. We hope that in your search for the best programmes, that will assist you in self-improvement, career advancement or simply to widen your knowledge and skills, that you will find the services we have listed useful to your goals. These distance learning courses cover general areas of education, plus certain specialized areas, for example, languages, art, music, computer training, health & fitness, digital design, travel & tourism, media & marketing, forex trading, online stock trading, plus others will be added in the course of our research. For a full list of current distance learning subjects, courses and e-learning providers. Click here
- As more and more high quality educational content becomes available online for free, we ask ourselves, what are the real barriers to achieving a world class education? At Academic Earth
, we are working to identify these barriers and find innovative ways to use technology to increase the ease of learning. We are building a user-friendly educational ecosystem that will give internet users around the world the ability to easily find, interact with, and learn from full video courses and lectures from the world's leading scholars. Our goal is to bring the best content together in one place and create an environment in which that content is remarkably easy to use and where user contributions make existing content increasingly valuable. We invite those who share our passion to explore our website, participate in our online community, and help us continue to find new ways to make learning easier for everyone. Visit this site
- Distance & Online Learning Courses by Udemy - Udemy is the world’s largest marketplace for teaching and learning. More than 7,000 expert instructors have published online courses on Udemy on everything from programming to yoga, marketing to guitar, photography to cake decorating, and so much more! Over 2 million students in 200+ countries are taking these courses to advanced their careers and pursue their passions and the courses are available in most major languages. Each course is available on-demand, 24 / 7, via the iPhone, iPad, Android and Web. Discover Udemy's latest courses!
- Online Education Initiative - As more colleges and universities embrace online education, whether through blended, flipped, or fully online courses, accessibility needs to be taken into consideration to ensure that all learners, including those with disabilities, are able to access and use course content. This collection of resources offers online instructors and course designers a solid starting point for making sure their course materials are accessible. Here, visitors will find helpful quick start Canvas tutorials on the fundamentals of accessibility in the context of online teaching through guides for several essential file types, including Word documents, PDF files, PowerPoint slides, and Excel spreadsheets. This collection also includes links to recorded webinars and video tutorials for creating accessible documents, as well as to self-paced courses on how to create accessible Canvas courses and on how to assess the accessibility of online digital media. These resources are provided by the Online Education Initiative, a collaborative project of California Community Colleges. Visit this site. (From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout 1994-2019)
- Online Tutorials for Computer Software & Business - Whether you’re into digital photography, web design and development, motion graphics, or just need to brush up on Excel, you can learn all the software skills you need to gain a competitive edge with our online tutorials. lynda.com is a leading online learning company that helps anyone learn business, software, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. Through individual, corporate, academic and government subscriptions, members have access to the lynda.com video library of engaging, top-quality courses taught by recognized industry experts. Get 10 days of free unlimited access to lynda.com.
- Kaplan IT Training - This education and training service offers the most realistic simulations of Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, CISSP, PMI, and Oracle certification exams. IT Professionals worldwide consistently name Kaplan IT Training exam simulations as the "Best Practice Exams." Kaplan IT Training even offers a Pass Guarantee. Try a free demo before you buy. Test our products now.
- Exam Edge - Our service is an industry leader in preparing clients for their certification exams through the use of our proprietary online practice exams. Our practice exams are designed to feel like the real exams and give detailed explanations for every question once the exams have been completed. We offer practice tests in 20 different industries including healthcare, nursing, teaching, and business, covered by over 1800 actual tests. Do you need to pass your certification exam You have found the right place for help. We offer Online practice exams in over 20 industries, healthcare, teaching, and international exams.
- Online Professional Training Courses - The Shaw Academy's online professional training courses cover a wide range of subjects, including Financial Trading, Nutrition, Microsoft Excel, Sales, Social Media, and Photography. Led by expert tutors with professional experience in their field, courses are suitable for all experience levels, and also include live lectures and interactive experiences. Each course teaches through practical methods so students can apply their new skills immediately. Above all, students have all-day access to course materials, which allows them to work at their own pace around personal obligations on a variety of digital devices. Each student's learning experience is enhanced by one-to-one interaction with lecturers and students from around the world. Fast Track Business Success Online Diploma
- Training Courses Related to Sales & Marketing - Our company has been both designing and delivering innovative training materials for over 14 years. Our cadre of highly experienced instructional designers and senior trainers are from a variety of industries. Many of our courses are specific to the retail industry such as retail selling skills and retail sales forecasting and planning. Unlike many other internet site who have dozens of canned packaged courses, our targeted soft skills topics have been very carefully developed and have been successfully delivered to professionals from senior managers to frontline employees. View our complete list of over 40 online courses, many of which are FREE. Click here.
Manage Career, Compliance & Certification - 360training.com services over 1500 e-learning partners who together have trained more than 3 million users worldwide. Their integrated strategy of technology, content and service helps organizations and professionals in a wide range of industries best manage career, compliance and certification needs. Corporate Training Courses
- Free Online Courses, eBooks & Audio Books - Perhaps the best way to describe Open Culture is to list what's available: 1,100 free online courses, 700 free movies, 550 free audio books, 700 free eBooks, 1,000 free MOOCs, free educational material for 46 languages, and 200 free educational resources for kids. Founded in 2006 by Stanford University's Dan Coleman, the site also contains great lectures by Toni Morrison and Bertrand Russell (among others) and great readings by notables such as T.S. Eliot and Anne Sexton. If readers are looking for art and images, the Met, the Getty, the British Library, and other museums and galleries are featured here. In essence, Open Culture gathers together all of the wonderful, disparate content from around the web, curates it, and presents it in an easily navigable and enchanting format. Visit this site. (From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout 1994-2018)
- More Free Online Courses - Founded in 1999, Wisc-Online is a non-profit organization that offers a "repository of high-quality educational learning materials FREE to learners and educators." These materials are created by educators in the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) in partnership with instructional design experts at Fox Valley Technical College. One highlight of this collection is a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) designed to teach computer skills. This course, which covers basic skills such as using a mouse, navigating an operating system, and using a word processor, may especially appeal to adult educators and adult services librarians. On the Basic Computer Skills MOOC page, visitors can play interactive computer games by navigating to the play games tab. Games are organized by category, including career clusters, manufacturing and engineering, math, and social studies. In addition, Wisc-Online also offers a number of game templates for educators interested in creating their own games. Visit this site. (From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout 1994-2018)
to Education Home Page"